2020 Wayne County Manufacturing Day
How To Join This Event
In lieu of being in-person for Manufacturing Day this year, SEMCA and Wayne RESA have planned a weeklong series of virtual experiences, kicking off on Monday, September 28, 2020 and culminating on Manufacturing Day, October 2, 2020.
Students will be able to access video tours of manufacturing facilities and post-secondary institutions to learn about specific aspects of manufacturing careers and the educational opportunities related to those careers. They will also have the opportunity to virtually network with employers on October 2 during our live, online sessions.
A tentative schedule of events is as follows:
- Monday, September 28: Access to an online library of pre-recorded videos and tours opens to schools. We encourage classes to peruse the video library on both Monday and Tuesday to determine which live session they would like to attend on Friday.
- Tuesday, September 29: The Manufacturing Day committee will distribute the live session schedule for Friday, October 2 to registered teachers. Please review the options with your class to narrow down your selections for the day.
- Wednesday, September 30: Teachers must make their live session selections (for Friday, October 2 during Manufacturing Day). Submissions must be made by noon on Wednesday, September 30, as space in the online rooms is limited.
- Thursday, October 1: The Manufacturing Day committee will distribute links to the live sessions for Friday, October 2. Please be sure to check your email!
- Friday, October 2: Manufacturing Day live sessions will take place between 9am and 3pm, giving students and teachers the opportunity to network with and ask questions of our business partners and post-secondary institutions.
We're looking forward to your participation, so please register your class as soon as possible to secure your spot for this exciting event! Event registration closes on Wednesday, September 23, 2020, or when all available slots have been filled.